EFFECTIVE MAY 29, 2021
UPDATED MASK REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPASS MEDICAL
Effective May 29, 2021, face coverings will continue to be required for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals at all times in Health Care Facilities and Provider Offices. This requirement applies to all Compass Medical patients, employees and visitors.
In line with updated CDC face covering guidance, effective May 29, 2021, the MA DPH/Commonwealth will rescind the current face covering order and has issued a new face covering advisory effective May 29, 2021.
Non-vaccinated individuals are advised to continue wearing face masks and to continue distancing in most settings. The advisory also recommends fully vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear a face covering or social distance indoors or outdoors except for in certain locations.
THE COVID-19 VACCINE IS FREE!
The vaccine is safe and effective.
The FDA has officially approved Pfizer’s mRNA COVID-19 vaccine. If you are over the age of 12 and live, work, or study in Massachusetts, you can get vaccinated. The COVID-19 Vaccine is free. You don’t need an ID or insurance to get the vaccine.
People age 5 and older can only get the Pfizer vaccine. People age 18 and older can get any vaccine.
CLICK THE LINKS BELOW TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GETTING VACCINATED FOR COVID-19 IN MASSACHUSETTS:
PFIZER’S COVID-19 VACCINE IS NOW RECOMMENDED FOR EVERYONE AGES 5 AND OLDER BY THE CDC!
- Be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19
- Get very sick from COVID-19
- Have both short and long-term health complications from COVID-19
- Spread COVID-19 to others
HELP PROTECT YOUR CHILD, YOUR FAMILY & OTHERS
- Vaccinating children can help protect family members, including siblings who are not eligible for vaccination and family members who may be at increased risk of getting very sick if they are infected.
- Vaccination can also help keep children from getting seriously sick even if they do get COVID-19.
- Vaccinating children ages 5 years and older can help keep them in school and help them safely participate in sports, playdates, and other group activities.
TALK TO YOUR PROVIDER TODAY ABOUT GETTING YOUR CHILDREN VACCINATED FOR COVID-19!
CDC now recommends that certain people are now eligible to receive any COVID-19 booster shot.
- 65 years and older
- Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings
- Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
- Age 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings
For the nearly 15 million people who got the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, booster shots are also recommended for those who are 18 and older and who were vaccinated two or more months ago.
There are now booster recommendations for all three available COVID-19 vaccines in the United States. Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose. Some people may have a preference for the vaccine type that they originally received, and others may prefer to get a different booster. CDC’s recommendations now allow for this type of mix and match dosing for booster shots.
Our Urgent Care number is: (508)350-2818.
Please be aware that Compass Medical DOES NOT offer screening testing.
Covid19 Screening Testing Scenarios:
General screening purposes such as:
- Clearance to travel
- To attend school, daycare, or camp
- For public health or surveillance purposes
- For periodic or serial Testing of asymptomatic high-risk individuals (examples include: congregate housing and occupational safety)